We would like to welcome our new School Nurse, Erin Shuttleworh. Erin is a Morristown graduate and we feel blessed to have her with us. She is going to fit right in and do an excellent job! Welcome to our family, Erin!
Category Archives: News
Parent/teacher conferences are set for this month. Parents and teachers share the same goals for children and students; they want each individual to do their best. This will happen when parents and teachers work together. This can happen in a number of ways.
- Keeping lines of communication open between parents and teachers
- Parents help by setting aside time for schoolwork at home
- Teachers can send newsletters, create blogs, make phone calls and send report cards
- Parents can attend parent/teacher conferences to make sure that parents, teachers and students are all on the same page
- Parents can volunteer in the classroom or building
- Parents can help the teacher by letting them know about things happening at home
- Teachers and parents can work as a team to provide the best for students
Students of the Month L-R are: Braylon Williams, Ty Bogemann, Madison Hinkle, Marissa Cox
Check out this article from The Shelbyville News about the return of our fifth grade teacher, Cheryl Bland. Welcome back Ms. Bland!
(Photo by The Shelbyville News)
With the start of school comes the anticipation of another successful and enjoyable school year. The key to making this happen is great communication. To help with the communication, we are going to be doing three things this year. First, we will continue to use Social Media to promote the great things being accomplished by our students, teachers, and school. Second, our administrators will be reaching out to all families with phone calls home. We will be calling families throughout the school year to see how things are going and if there is anything we can help with. Finally, I will have a webpage on the Corporation Website that I will update frequently with important announcements of upcoming events and deadlines.
You as parents can help us by stopping by the school, calling, or emailing us with questions, concerns, or issues. Many times minor issues or concerns grow into bigger issues because they were not reported or brought to our attention. We are all asking for your help in creating an atmosphere of timely and open communication between parents and the school. Together we can create a safe and positive school environment, where are student can have an enjoyable and worthwhile educational experience.
Bring on time and having great attendance is extremely important in making the most out of your education. Here are some tips on how to make your time in Shelby Eastern the best it can be.
- Being on time sets each student up for success
- Helping your child be on time shows them that you care about his/her learning
- Learning begins when the bell rings
- Your child could miss out on important information even if they are five to ten minutes late
- English and Math are usually taught in the morning
- Being on time helps keep your child from falling behind
- Being on time is an important life lesson
Waldron Elementary held their first annual My School Color Run on Saturday, May 13! They had a ton of fun…and color…on this beautiful morning! Thanks to all who participated, donated, and volunteered to help our elementary student council raise over $3,000! Special thanks to Mr. Rader for organizing the event and the WHS National Honor Society kids who helped. Also, all the WES staff and parent volunteers….THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!